Vimedix is a high-fidelity ultrasound simulator designed to make learning more engaging and intuitive. The manikin-based system allows for the development of the psychomotor skills needed to handle ultrasound probes. The innovative software tools of Vimedix accelerate the development of the cognitive skills needed to interpret ultrasound images, make diagnoses and clinical decisions.
Vimedix has three base modules to choose from: Vimedix Cardiac, Vimedix Abdo and Vimedix Ob/Gyn which supports simulation of transthoracic echocardiography (TTE), transesophageal echocardiography (TEE), general abdominal ultrasound, lung ultrasound, obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound. You can customize your simulator by picking the modules that you need. All of the modules run on the same user-friendly software platform so you do not have to learn to use multiple simulators.
CAE Healthcare has now integrated Microsoft HoloLens, the first holographic computer that allows you to freely move and interact with your environment, into our portfolio of healthcare simulation solutions.
Freed from its two-dimensional environment inside a monitor, our Vimedix ultrasound simulator leaps to life, displaying anatomy you can enlarge, turn, rotate or command to return into its manikin body to view how its structures are interrelated. Witness in real time how the ultrasound beam cuts through the human anatomy.
Some of the key features are:
- Practice point-of-care ultrasound assessment for emergency care
- Use the Virtual Instructor for flexible self-directed learning
- Common platform for sophisticated, intuitive learning
- Realistic replication of ultrasound imagery
- Self-directed instructional content modules and exercises for independent learning
- Innovative tracking technology allows for the collection of objective performance metric
- Vast library of pathologies based on real patient cases developed with clinical experts
- Metrics validated in peer-reviewed journals and multiple clinical studies